67th season of Formula One will be unfolded with Australian Grand Prix on 20th march. The governing body of Formula One is known as FIA or Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile. It can be considered as one of the best automobile racing competition in the world. More than 21 Grand Prix are arranged every year. One of the extensive seasons in sporting history is showcased in due course. The ending of season 2016 is marked in Abu Dhabi. The season is scheduled to finish on 27th November.
Previously, FIA has decided to start the season from April. However, the dates have been changed to the month of March. It is quite an achievement for FIA to include twenty-one events in a year. New events have been introduced from Baku, Canada and Azerbaijan. Therefore, grand prix experience of six consecutive weeks is expected this year.
Some of the rules can be changed this year. Meeting of World Motor Sports Council has been arranged at Paris in order to make decision on the rules. It is expected to observe a rule to separate exhaust waste gate in order to pass the gas adequately. Due to this alteration in the mechanics of Formula One car, change may not be seen with emission or power.
Change of rules for 2016 Formula One Season
- Safety equipment must be presented during testing within the cockpit. It is better to ensure comfort for driver’s head with a headrest and cockpit padding.
- Track must be utilized adequately every time. If a driver goes beyond the track then justified reason must be produced in due course. Based on the judgment of expert panel, penalty can be offered to the driver in due course. In case the driver has gained advantage from the situation then penalty may become inevitable.
- Rules related to the power unit and gear box alteration has been approved. However, penalty can be applied based on the time of utilization. Preference can be given to a team if they tell the delegates about the change as soon as possible.
- Due to faulty start, driver has to begin from the pit lane. In case of a suspension, similar rule can be observed. Driver can be brought to the pit lane for start.
- Clarification about aero-dynamic testing has been done.
Driver Predictions for Mercedes
According to reliable sources, both Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are expected to be signed by Mercedes for 2016 season. However, official confirmation has not arrived yet. They have done phenomenal job last year. Therefore, they have returned their position quite naturally. Due to excellence of the drivers, first and second position has been won by Mercedes consistently. Last year Lewis Hamilton has won the Grand Prix Season. Therefore, he is supposed to defend his position this year as well.
Driver Predictions for Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel have confirmed their stay with Ferrari. Solid battle from the side of Ferrari is expected in the year 2016 as well. Online bookmaker bet365 seems to agree placing favorable odds of the two of them to give Mercedes a run for their money. For more on the odds, check out this 365bet review.
To wrap it all up, both are fantastic drivers. Therefore, they can also win the championship this time so expect the unexpected in 2016!